Wheee! Finally--a Finish!

Yes, at long last, the Disappearing 9-Patch donation quilt is done. Woot! 

dis9patchjuly2013.jpg

I started with a Moda charm pack (don't recall the line, it was fairly old), added some 5" squares from my scrap stash, and then used stash fabrics for the borders and binding. I did have to buy the backing, but found it on a 50% off rack.  

 machine binding--front

machine binding--front

I did the binding completely by machine, something I've done a couple of times before and never been happy with the results. I'm somewhat happier with the results on this one, but I still just don't like the look as well as one that's done the traditional way.  

  (Backing and back of binding)

 (Backing and back of binding)

This is wheelchair quilt size (roughly something like 36" x 45" or so, don't recall the measurements exactly now). I hope whatever elder gentleman receives it loves it and finds it cozy!

And then, because it's tradition... 

 Dogs n' Quilts

Dogs n' Quilts