This week's pick-up includes:
- 6 small tomatoes that smell heavenly
- 5 peaches--and since I ate one as soon as I took this picture I can attest that they're wonderful too
- 2 green peppers
- 4 cucumbers
- 2 zucchini (one of which is HUGE)
- 1 summer or yellow squash (equally HUGE)
- 1 patty pan squash--my first time for that, but it's supposedly just like summer squash so I'm not concerned
- 1 head broccoli
- 8 ears of corn
- 1 watermelon (that I forget to put in the picture--oops!)
My son is coming home for dinner tonight, so we've also invited my nephew and my in-laws as well, since no one has seen much of the kid this summer. We'll be doing marinated flank steak on the grill, and I'm planning on making homemade bread--either French bread or dinner rolls, haven't decided yet as of this writing. I'll be using up a lot of the CSA produce for the rest of the meal. Definitely corn on the cob, then I may roast up some of the zucchini, patty pan, summer squash, and tomatoes (maybe with some roasted garlic as well, maybe with some onion); I can't decide if I'd rather put the tomatoes in with the roasted veggies or do a cucumber and tomato salad to start. I'll see what strikes me when I start getting everything together.
I may or may not do something with the watermelon as an appetizer. We won't actually have a lot of time for dinner so I don't know that I'll bother with appetizers at all. And my MIL is bringing dessert. So if we don't end up using it tomorrow, we'll eat it Saturday.
The green peppers will go into dinner Saturday night--I've had a hankering for that sausage and peppers dinner I made a few weeks ago. I'll probably use the broccoli with some fish on Sunday night; it'll just be my husband and I home for dinner so it's a good night to go super-light and healthy!
So that's the plan. We'll see what actually happens!