Since I was out of town sitting in meetings this past week while the calendar changed from April to May, I'm a few days late posting my monthly update on progress made in Craftsy classes. That actually fits. I haven't made much progress in Craftsy classes anyway, so not like I was rushing with huge reports or anything.
To whit: I'm still working on Ann Petersen's Beyond Basic Machine Quilting. I've been trying for a few weeks now to piece together the background I'm going to use for the class project. I mean, really--one big center piece of fabric, slap on a couple of borders, one with cornerstones. I could have it whipped out in a couple of hours on a Saturday. I've just had problems finding a couple of hours when I was (1) not awash in other more urgent projects, (2) not busy doing other stuff, or (3) not sick or recovering from trips! Yiminies. April was a tough month. (May doesn't promise to be much better so my May Craftsy Class update might be equally slim.)
- I completed Carol Ann Waugh's Stupendous Stitching class in early April. See the blog post with my review and completed project here.
- This was a quick turnaround one: One of the Craftsy emails this month advertised several new freebie classes available, and I bit. I picked up Creative Ways with Whole Grains with Anna Bullett, executive chef at Cooking Light, and finished watching it within two or three days, even cooked a whole grain for dinner one of those nights (though not using her recipe). I'll do a review in later blog post.
Classes in Progress
Current count: 2
- Thread Art with Lola Jenkins--still in the "thinking about" stage, although I did buy some Prisma colored pencils with a 50% off coupon at Joanns last weekend to use on this project.
- Beyond Basic Machine Quilting with Ann Petersen. 'Nuff said.
Classes added this month
1 freebie. But completed immediately (see Newly Finished section above).
Classes To Be Completed
Current count: 18
- Art Quilt Backgrounds: Beyond Log Cabin with Judith Trager
- Design It, Quilt It: Freeform Quilting Techniques with Cindy Needham.
- Designing Modern Quilts with Weeks Ringle
- Fabric Patterning with Wax Resist with Malka Dubrawsky
- Finishing School: Edges and Bindings with Mimi Dietrich
- Free Motion Fillers Vol 1 with Leah Day
- Free Motion Fillers Vol 2 with Leah Day
- Free Motion Quilting a Sampler with Leah Day
- Free-Motion Quilting with Feathers with Angela Walters
- Machine Quilting Negative Space with Angela Walters
- Machine Quilting the Home Sweet Home Quilt with Frieda Anderson
- Painted Pictorial Quilts with Annette Kennedy
- Pictorial Quilting Techniques with Wendy Butler Berns
- Pictures to Pixel Quilts with Carol Sheridan
- Strip Your Stash with Nancy Smith
- A Modern Take on the Mother Sauces with James Peterson
- Homestyle Pan Sauces with Martha Holmberg
- Perfect Pizza at Home with Peter Reinhart
Completed Classes (all topics)
Current count: 22 (+2 from last month)
- Stupendous Stitching with Carol Ann Waugh
- Creative Ways with Whole Grains with Anna Bullett
- Complete Knife Skills with Brendan McDermott.
- Shoot It! A Product Photography Primer with Carol Sheridan
- Spindling from Fluff to Stuff with Drucilla Pettibone
- Machine Quilting with Wendy Butler Berns
- Artisan Bread Making with Peter Reinhart
- Secrets of Slow Cooking: Mastering the Braise with Molly Stephens
- Art Quilting 101 with Wendy Butler Berns
- Chain of Stars Mystery Quilt with Kimberly Einmo
- Color Play for Quilters with Joen Wolfrom
- Craftsy Block of the Month 2013 with Laura Nownes
- Creative Quilt Backs with Elizabeth Hartman
- Hand-Stitched Collage Quilts with Laura Wasilowski
- Magical Jelly Roll Quilts with Kimberly Einmo
- Pattern Free Quilt-making with Joe Cunningham
- Piece, Patch, Quilt: Basic Quiltmaking Skills with Gail Kessler
- QuiltCon Lecture Series 2013
- Scrap Quilting with Pepper Cory
- Stitch & Slash with Carol Ann Waugh
- The Art of Cloth Dyeing with Jane Dunnewold
- Know Your Wool with Deborah Robson
(Usual transparency statement: This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Thanks for supporting this podcast and blog!)