This week, I'm thinking...
- How I'm unexpectedly filling in this weekend for a guest speaker who came down with a virulent flu this week and so today had to cancel her presence at the engagement.
- That if it doesn't rain it'll be a nice drive tomorrow downstate to where the speaking engagement is being held, a drive through all sorts of fall color.
- How I am looking forward to being with the group and I do always enjoy doing these kinds of engagements.
- That I'm now doubly-glad I got a little sewing done yesterday during my comp day off after being gone for work last weekend too.
- That I'm feeling good about using my Alexander Henry Ghastlies collection finally, even if I'm not using it the way I'd originally intended.
- That my daughter will get a kick out of having Halloween pillowcases in her dorm room.
- That I'm pretty sure my daughter doesn't read my blog. And if she does, well, oops--happy surprise Halloween gifty, baby girl.
- That tonight I'm going to celebrate my son's birthday by dinner out with him, my husband, my son's roommate, my nephew, and my mother-in-law.
- That it'll be a nice time even if at this point I'm pretty much heartily sick of restaurant meals.
- How I'm going to make something homemade for dinner on Sunday to detox.
- That after some last minute panic-fixes today to my visa application for my trip to Burma, I'm hoping that's now been settled too.
- That I won't really relax about that until my passport and visa are back in my hands again.
- That there's nothing I like better than the smell of leaves on the ground as I kick through them while walking the doggies, so I'm reminding myself to "just breathe."
By the way, just a brief mention that Craftsy is having a Halloween Flash Sale from Wed, 9/22 at 7p MT to Friday, Oct 24 at 11:59p MT. Fabric, yarn, and kits are on sale for up to 70% off. Use this link or click on the banner in this blog on the right to get to Craftsy to check it out. Using these links helps support this blog and podcast--thanks!